Paper Discussion | Benefits and Reasons

Paper Discussion

Throughout my whole academic career, I had a negative attitude towards paper discussion i.e. I got irritated every time whenever I saw my friends discussing paper. However, it is until recently that I realized the potential benefit of paper discussion.

What is paper discussion?

When I say paper discussion, I mean discussion of paper i.e. exam paper just before as well as just after the exam.

Before the start of an exam, students usually discuss about important points regarding exam, or even chances of a particular question.

After the end of exam, students usually discuss the answers.
Defining paper discussion
Defining

Why paper discussion is Important?

Paper discussion is important due to various reasons. Rather than discussing these reasons at one place, let's look at these reasons separately i.e. just before and after the exam.

Just before the Exam

Just before the start of your exam, you are almost done with your preparation and sometimes even with revision, that is the time that you discuss with your friends or even listen to whatever other friends are discussing. Do you know why? that is because, most of the time when you listen to your friends debating about a topic, that topic is actually included in the exam question and you instantly get to know about it.

Sometimes even your concepts get more clearer when you discuss with others. That is the magic of paper discussion just before the exam starts. I have personally experienced it.

Do you have such an experience? let us know.

Just after the exam

This is what irritated me the most! Actually I hated to know that I did some mistake in the exam.

But I was wrong.

It is true that many times you will discover that you went wrong in a particular question, but wait! that is the point I want to highlight here. 
Making a mistake is not a mistake, repeating a mistake is definitely a mistake.
When you come to know that you made a mistake, that is the moment that you must learn from it, rather than being stressed.

The point is we are the kind of people whose focus is short term benefits and not long term.

We can learn from our mistake and try to improve the next time.
If we do so, we would not consider Mid term exams as a burden, rather an opportunity to excel in the final.

Also when you discuss with your friends after the exam, you sometimes come to know how other students approach the questions and answer those.

My whole life was a joke, and I kept repeating those mistakes again and again.

Now that I have realized it, I try to discuss with others, and even listen to others, so that I can get the most out of others' discussion.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Myth of Freelancing | Opinion

Creating Drives

Dialogue Between Pen and Pencil